1968 Ford Mustang Fastback Sunlit Gold ''Survivor''
Survivor 1968 Ford Mustang Fastback 289ci C-Code 4-Speed for sale.
SOLD, Gone in Tokyo, Japan!
**More Photos & Video Available on a link below description**
Second time in stock at Longtin Auto Sport after 4 years! We just bought it back from our last customer.
How often do you see an all original metal and original paint survivor Mustang without any rust present? This is not a showcar, it has dents, scratches, paint shows signs of wear and its got a whole lot of character. It was treated with oil over its lifespan, reason why it was saved from the cancer (rust) very common to these Mustangs. The undercarriage is also all original paint with body overspray and in a perfect condition.
It's got its original Matching Numbers engine, VIN stamp present on the top of the deck, and date correct. The original automatic transmission is long gone after a passenger carrying a loaded 357 Magnum accidently shot through the tunnel. Bullet hole still there for reference with pictures for proof.
This car originally came San Bernandino, California, where it was sold new to the first short term owner (2 years). Second owner was from Ontario, California, USA where the car has passed most of its life. The original owner past away 20 years ago and the car was given in heritage to his nephew witch was located in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. It was stored for all this time in a collection and sold 8 years ago to his friend. We bought it 5 years ago, took the engine and transmission out for a complete inspection and reseal. We took the engine bay to bare metal since there was missing paint / surface rust and repainted it. All the bushings, ball joints, bearings and shocks were replaced. The car was realigned and new BF Goodrich Radial T/As were installed recently.
Some options are not original to the car, but all are date correct, see detailed description for more information. This Mustang has just a little over 75 000 original miles on the odometer.
- 289ci Matching Numbers with proof resealed 4yrs ago
- 4bbl carburetor Autolite 4300 (C7AF) rebuilt recently
- Original Heads
- Original Exhaust Manifolds
- Original Autolite Coil
- Aftermarket Valve Covers
- Aftermarket Cobra Air Cleaner
- Non functionnal original A/C System
- Toploader 4-Speed new oil seals, shifter linkage rebuild
- Original Rear End with 3.73 gears and duragrip Positraction installed
Body & Paint:
- The Sunlit Gold paint is all original except the driver's door that was repainted in the first years of owning.
- It has some wear, dents and a couple of scratches, but it gives it character.
- The body has absolutely no rust. All the sheet metal is original and untouched.
- A Clearcoat was added over the original paint at some point to protect it from further wear.
- Original Glass is in very good condition
- Original Chromes & Aluminum Trims are in very good condition
- Original Seats
- Original Dash Pad
- Original Carpet
- Original Headliner
- Original Dash Panels
- Original Door Panels
- Original Hard Panels (Back of the car), with original paint
- Original Paint on Dash & Doors (Metal areas)
- Period Correct Center Console
- Period Correct 6k Tachometer Cluster W/ Trip Odometer
- Aftermarket Steering Wheel
- Functionnal Aftermarket Radio
- Power Brakes
- Front Disc Brakes
- Rear Drum Brakes
- Shocks are new all around
- New control arms with bushings
- New control valve for power steering
- New tie rods
- Power Steering from factory, all new hoses
- Everything is functionnal
Here's the ORIGINAL vehicule information, from the day it left the factory:
VIN Decode 8R02C133116:
- 8: 1968
- R: Assembly plant, San Jose, California
- 02: Body Type, Fastback
- C: Engine code, 289ci 2barrel
- 133116: Sequential unit number
- 63A: Fastback / Standard Interior / Bucket Seats
- Y: Paint Color: Sunlit Gold
- 2A: Black Standard Interior
- 23A: Build date, January 23 1968
- 71: DSO (District sales office), Los Angeles, California
- 2: Axle, 2.79 Standard diff
- W: Transmission, C4 Automatic
Serious inquiries only, no trades. Thank you