1968 Ford Mustang Fastback Sunlit Gold "Survivor"
Survivor 1968 Ford Mustang Fastback for sale. This car originally came from Ontario, California where it has passed most of its life. The original owner past away 15 years ago and the car was given in heritage to his nephew witch was located in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. It was stored for all this time in a collection and sold 4 years ago to his friend. We took the car apart and did a complete overhaul of the mechanical and electrical components. The engine bay was sandblasted and repainted because of surface rust.
The car was treated all its life with oil and the original floors are absolutely perfect with the original primer and overspray. Everything is original on the car. The original automatic transmission is long gone after a bullet was accidently shot thru the tunnel into it. Bullet hole still there for reference with pictures for proof. Some parts are not original to the car, but all date correct, see detailed description for more information. This Mustang has 71 000 original miles on the odometer.
- Engine: 289ci Matching Numbers with proof, 4bbl carburetor. All the gaskets are new, absolutely no oil or water leak.
- Transmission: 4 Speed Toploader new oil seals, shifter linkage rebuild.
- Rear Axle: Original rear end with 3.73 gears and duragrip Positraction installed.
- Body and paint: The paint is all original, Sunlit Gold with black C-stripe. It has some wear and a couple of scratches, but it gives it character. The body has absolutely no rust. All the sheet metal is original and untouched. This car was never crashed.
- Interior: All original except steering wheel and center console witch is date correct. The dash, headliner, seats, panels are in very good shape, carped is in good shape.
- Electrical: Everything is functional and unmolested.
- Suspension: Shocks are new all around, new control arms with bushings, new control valve for power steering, new tie rods, everything is tight on front end.
- Power Steering from factory, all new hoses and control valve.
- Power Brakes disc brakes front, not original, added for safety
- Air conditioning from factory
- Other: New exhaust, gas tank restored
Here's the ORIGINAL vehicule information, from the day it left the factory:
VIN Decode 8R02C133116:
- 7: 1968
- R: Assembly plant, San Jose, California
- 02: Body Type, Fastback
- C: Engine code, 289ci 2barrel
- 133116: Sequential unit number
- 63A: Fastback / Standard Interior / Bucket Seats
- Y: Paint Color: Sunlit Gold
- 2A: Black Standard Interior
- 23A: Build date, January 23 1968
- 71: DSO (District sales office), Los Angeles, California
- 2: Axle, 2.79 Standard diff
- W: Transmission, C4 Automatic
Serious inquiries only, no trades. Thank you