1967 Mustang Fastback C-Code 289ci Lime Gold
1967 Mustang Fastback C-Code 289ci Lime Gold 4-Speed For Sale!
*Price Listed in USD*
Click Here To See A Video
V8 289ci Small Block
8'' 2.79 Rear Axle
Original Lime Gold Paint color (Repainted)
Ivy Gold Interior
This 1967 Mustang has spent most of its life in California before being imported in British Columbia, Canada in 2002.
The paint is in very good condition, it has a mirror like finish. It has no scratches or stone chips, except one chip on the driver side quarter panel (see pictures). It was completely redone 20 years ago, always stored indoors since. The body is in great shape, free of any rust/rust bubbles and bondo. The undercarriage is all original metal very good condition, it was undercoated a long time ago, and everywhere you scratch you can find the original ''Red Oxyde Primer''. The gaps between the panels are perfect, better than what came out of the factory in 1967. The aluminum trims and chromes around the car are in perfect condition, except one piece on the driver side windshield which has slight waves. Front bumper is original, rear bumper is original both in great condition for their age. The vent windows are very nice. The glass around the car is original and nice, no major scratches, except minor scratches on side glass.
The interior was restored to the original specifications. It has the following options: Original AM Radio and fold down rear seat. Dash pad was replaced, it is in very good condition. Carpet is newer everywhere (floor and fold down). All the hard panels at the back are in very good condition. Newer steering wheel, all the gauges are functionnal except the clock. Door panels are in great condition. Headliner is in perfect condition.
This Mustang is a factory 289ci 2bbl ''C-Code''. The original 289ci Engine is long gone, replaced with a late 65 289ci from another Mustang. It went through a full rebuild to stock specs with 0.030 over pistons about 20yrs / 21 000miles ago, and runs just like new. It has the original intake and exhaust manifold and a Holley ''Performance'' 500CFM 2bbl Carbs. The transmission is a Toploader 4 speed, it is going through a complete rebuild, will also have a new Flywheel & clutch. The rear axle is an original 8Inch 3.25 Conventionnal. The rear axle is in good condition, shows no signs of wear, no leaks.
The suspension, bushings and bearings are in good condition, no loose.
This car has a power steering. Brakes were inspected and redone recently.
- 289ci Rebuilt 20yrs ago, around 21 000miles
- 2bbl Holley ''Performance'' 500cfm carburetor
- M/T Valve Covers
- Original 2bbl 289 Intake
- Original Exhaust Manifolds
- Toploader 4-Speed, Rebuild being performed
- Rear end: 8'' 2.79 Conventionnal Rear Axle
- Completely Repainted in ''Lime Gold'' (factory ford color, 1967), paint very nice, very close to showroom, no orange peel.
- One small chip on the driver's side quarter panel
- Original Doors, Fenders, Hood, Trunk
- Undercarriage is all original metal and free of rust.
- Undercoated, but original ''Red Oxyde Primer'' is visible when you scratch undercoating
- Bottom 6'' driver side quarter was replaced, passenger side half quarter panel was replaced.
- Gaps between the panels are nice and tight all around
- Chromes Bumpers are original in good shape
- Original Door handles in good condition
- New Mirrors
- Original Glass all around in good condition
- Original Aluminum trim around front/rear backglass in very good shape. One of the trim on windshield has light deformation.
- Very nice condition, redone 20yrs ago
- Newer Dash Pad, Very good condition
- Seats front & back are in perfect condition
- Newer Carpet (Floors & Fold down)
- Door Panels are nice
- Headliner is perfect
- Rear hard panels in very good shape
- Fold Down rear seats
- Original AM Radio, Functionnal
- All Gauges are functionnal except clock
- Front Drum Brakes
- Rear Drum Brakes
Suspension / Handling
- Bushings, balljoints and tie rods are tight
- Power Steering
- Everything was inspected and worn out parts were replaced
Wheels / Tires
- 14'' Magnum 500 Wheels
- BF Goodrich Radial T/A 205/70R14 FRONT
- BF Goodrich Radial T/A 235/60R14 REAR
- Fully functional & original wiring
Here's the ORIGINAL vehicule information, from the day it left the factory:
VIN Decode 7T02C249898:
- 7: 1967
- T: Assembly plant, Metuchen, New Jersey
- 02: Body Type, Fastback
- C: Engine code, 289ci 2bbl 200hp
- 249898: Sequential unit number
- 63A: Fastback / Standard Interior / Bucket Seats
- I: Paint Color: Lime Gold
- 2G: Ivy Gold Standard Interior
- 18E: Build date, May 18 1967
- 17: DSO (District sales office), Washington, Virginia
- 0: Axle, 2.79 Conventionnal Rear Axle
- 1: Transmission, 3-Speed Manual
Serious inquiries only, no trades. Thank you