1967 Mustang Fastback C-Code Vintage Burgundy
Mustang Fastback 1967 C-Code 289ci for sale!
**Link For More Photos & Video Below Description**
289ci 4bbl engine.
C4 Automatic Trans
8'' / 2.79 Rear Axle
Vintage Burgundy color, repainted
Black Standard Interior
Right before we start describing this vehicule, this is a driver quality car. It needs some minor adjustments and some parts to be 100% complete.
If not sold within the next few weeks, the car will undergo a partial restoration, price WILL be subject to change.
That being said, we can start describing the car.
This Mustang was restored around 10years ago by the last owner. It has the optional Power Steering, Power Disc Brakes, Fold-Down Rear Seats, Tinted Glass and the Center Console. This car originally came with A/C.
This is a very solid and original metal driver quality car, meant for someone who wants to jump in, drive it anywhere and does not want to care about parking it anywhere. Both full quarter panels and trunk drop offs were replaced during the restoration. The rest of the metal is all original and in exceptional quality under the coating (except front driver's side floor pan as described earlier), everywhere you scrape, you will find the original red oxyde primer. All of the mechanics and electronics were just inspected, everything works.
The paint is in good quality ''driver'' condition, has some orange peel and some minor scratched, it can be wetsanded and polished to become a showroom. There is no rust or rust bubbles. The engine bay area was also repainted at some point, driver quality, has no rust and no patches. Original glass all around is in very good condition. Chromes and moldings are in good original condition.
The interior was restored. This car has a black standard interior which includes the following: Center Console and rear fold down seat. It has 68 seats front and back. The interior is in good condition, not perfect. Dash pad and carpet are recent, seats are in good shape, headliner is in good shape, but has some waves. The rear hard panels were repainted, no cracks, nothing missing.
This Mustang was a factory ‘’C-Code’’ with a 289ci 2bbl Carburator. The 289ci engine was totally rebuilt 10 years ago. It has an aluminum intake, an upgraded cam and flat top pistons, it makes around 250hp. It has a Holley 600cfm carburator with electric choke. It was not driven a lot since the last 2 years and it has a minor accelerator pump leak, so it will need a carburator rebuilt. It has a C4 Automatic transmission with a 8'' 2.79 standard rear axle, both of which are in good condition.
Power steering and power disc brakes were redone and are in good working order, one PS line is leaking. There is no loose in the bushings / suspensions, all of these components were replaced and the car wasn't driven much since. The car drives straight, no unusual sound coming from any of the mechanical components.
All the lights/switches were tested and repaired if necessary when we took possession of the car. The wiring is original and unmolested.
Everything is functional on this Mustang, see full description below.
- 289ci, 250hp, rebuilt 10years ago
- 4bbl Holley 600cfm Carburator, needs rebuild
- Electric choke
- Upgraded camshaft
- Aluminum Intake
- Flat top pistons
- Original exhaust manifolds
- Pypes Stainless Steel Exhaust
- C4 Automatic Transmission
- Rear end: 2.79 Standard Rear Axle
- Repainted, Vintage Burgundy
- Paint is in goos driver quality, some orange peel, can be wetsanded and polished to look like a mirror.
- Both Full Quarter Panels were changed
- Both Trunk Drop off Pans were changed
- Needs Front Driver's Side Floor Pan
- Undercarriage in excellent condition
- Gaps between the panels are nice all around
- Chromes good original shape
- Aluminum trims are in good original shape
- Glass is in great condition
- Good condition, redone at some point.
- 1968 Seats, good condition
- Center console, original
- Standard door panels
- Newer dash pad, perfect condition
- Fold Down rear seat
- Headliner is recent, but has some waves
- Carpet is good
- Power Brakes
- Front Disc brakes
- Rear Drum Brakes
Suspension / Handling
- Bushings, balljoints and tie rods are all recen and tight
- Power steering
- Original wiring, everything is functionnal
Here's the ORIGINAL vehicule information, from the day it left the factory:
7F02C183889 VIN Decode :
- 7: 1968
- F: Assembly plant, Dearborn, Michigan
- 02: Body Type, Fastback
- C: Engine code, 289ci, 2bbl, 200hp
- 183889: Sequential unit number
- 63A: Fastback / Standard Interior / Bucket Seats
- Y: Paint Color: Dark Moss Green
- 2F: Saddle Standard Interior, Bucket Seats
- 04D: Build date : April 4, 1967
- B1: DSO (District sales office), Central Canada
- 0: Axle, 2.79 Conventionnal Rear Axle
- W: C4 ''Select Shift'' Automatic Transmission
Serious Inquiries, No Trades, Thank You!