1968 Mustang Fastback 289ci C-Code
1968 Mustang Fastback 289ci C-Code for sale.
SOLD, Gone in Alberta, Canada!
*Links below description for more Photos & Video*
This Mustang spent it's life in California before being imported in Ontario, Canada in 2004. It was well maintained over it's lifetime, all the metal is original except for one framerail. The undercarriage is in great condition, free of rust or patches. The body seams and joints are in perfect shape, you can still see the factory numbers stamped. The paint, was originally ''Sunlit Gold'', but it was completely repainted Silver approximately 20 years ago. It still looks very nice and it is in decent condition. It not not a showroom quality paint, it has some chips (touched up) here and there, but there are no rust bubbles. The aluminum trims around the car are in perfect shape. The bumpers are original and unrestored, they show a little bit pitting, as any 53years old bumper would, but they still shine very nice. The Windshield is new, back glass and passenger side glass are nice and the driver side glass has some scratched.
The original ''Nugget Gold'' interior was restored. The seats (foam & covers), door pannels and headliner are new, the dash is original and not cracked, carpet is nice. It has the fold down seat option, which was added later. The dash pannels are new, newer aftermarket gauges such as Water Temperature, Oil pressure, Volt Meter and Tachometer were added. All of the gauges work. It has it's original radio to keep the original look, and an AM/FM/CD radio inside the glove box for more convenience.
This Mustang is a factory V8 289ci 2bbl, C-Code. The 289ci Engine is Matching numbers (see pictures). It was rebuilt approximately 50 000miles ago, still runs strong, does not rattle or burn oil. The original 2bbl carburator was changed for a 4bbl Holley. The transmission was originally a 3-speed Manual, and it was changed for a date correct 4-Speed Manual Transmission. The rear axle is the original 8Inch 2.79 Conventionnal. The drivetrain is in good condition, shows no sign of excessive wear.
The suspension, bushings and bearings were completely redone, with a 2inch drop. A front SSBC disc brake kit was added, and the rear drums were redone. The steering system was also completely restored.
Over the years, these cars often cumulate electrical problems, everything was inspected and repaired. The Low/high headlights, brake lights, side markers, flashers/hazard, back up lights, interior fan, cluster lightning, interior courtesy lights, radio, gauges and etc are functionnal.
** Parts missing on the photos, they are ordered and will be installed before the sale: Rear view mirror, trunk seal, door bumpers.**
Everything was inspected and is functional on the car, it will pass inspection anywhere without problems. Original VIN Tags on the dash and door, VIN is also visible on the driver inner fender.
See full description below.
- Matching Numbers 289ci, 50 000miles since rebuilt
- 4bbl Holley Carburator
- Mallory Distributor
- Original valve covers
- Cobra air cleaner
- Toploader 4Speed Manual Transmission, Date Correct (1968)
- Rear end: 2.79 Conventionnal Rear Axle
- Repainted 20years ago, touched up chips here and there, still very nice for it's age
- All original body pannels
- Seams and joints are perfect
- Undercarriage is free of rust or patches and is all original except for the passenger framerail
- Aluminum trims are perfect
- Chrome bumpers are original, some pitting but still shine nicely
- Gaps between the panels are nice and tight all around
- All the weatherstrips and rubber bumpers are new
- New Windshield
- Original Backglass is nice
- Original Passenger window is nice, driver window has some scratches
- Original Vent Windows are nice, seals are in good shape, the chrome has some minor pitting
- 18''x 8'' Torq Thrust Wheels
- Mostly redone
- New Seat Covers and Foam
- New Dash Pannels
- New Headliner
- Original dash pad in very good shape, no cracks
- New door pannels
- Fold Down rear seats
- Original radio (not functionnal) with functionnal AM/FM/CD radio in the Glove Box
- The Hard Pannels are all there and not cracked
- Windows roll up and down easily
- Power Brakes, New Master & Booster
- Front SSBC Disc Brakes Conversion
- Rear Drum Brakes, New
Suspension / Handling
- Bushings, Balljoints and Tie rods are new
- 2inch Drop Kit
- Kony Shocks all around
- Rear Sway Bar
- New Springs up front
- Every steering and suspension component is new.
- Tire Size Front 225/40R18
- Tire Size Back 245/40R18
- Fully functional
Here's the ORIGINAL vehicule information, from the day it left the factory:
8R02C151607 VIN Decode :
- 8: 1968
- R: Assembly plant, San Jose, California
- 02: Body Type, Fastback
- C: Engine code, 289ci 2bbl, 200hp
- 151607: Sequential unit number
- 63A: Fastback / Standard Interior / Bucket Seats
- I : Paint Color: Sunlit Gold
- 2Y: Nugget Gold Interior ‘’Standard Bucket Seats’’
- 19C: Build date : March 19, 1968
- 71: DSO (District sales office), Los Angeles, CA
- 2: Axle, 2.79 Conventionnal Rear Axle
- 1: Three Speed Manual Transmission
Serious inquiries only, no trades. Thank you