1968 Mustang Fastback 302ci Gulfstream Aqua
1968 Mustang Fastback 302ci 5-Speed Gulfstream Aqua.
Sold, gone in Tennessee, USA!
This Gulfstream Aqua 1968 Mustang left the Dearborn, Michigan factory in 1968 as a ''Special Purpose Vehicle'' for the Ford Motor Company. It was sold shortly after the first owner and sent in Arizona, where it spent its life until 2009 when it was imported in Canada.
This car was meticulously restored 13yrs ago, was driven and just went through another refresh. During the refresh, the paint was completely redone to its original color, the engine was completely rebuilt and a new transmission & clutch were installed. We also took care of testing and if necessary restoring every component that needed it. There is no rust present on the vehicle, no scratches or stone chips. The repaint was done with high quality materials. The undercariage is also perfect, it was completely sandblasted before being repainted.
This one is a ''C-Code'' and was equipped with a 289ci with the a 2bbl Carburetor. The original engine is unfortunately long gone, was replaced for a fresh rebuilt 302ci 320HP. It has about 150 miles since rebuild. The original C4 Transmission was replaced for a newer 5-Speed T5 Transmission with an Hydraulic Clutch kit from Modern Driveline for better comfort at Highway speeds.
This Mustang was restored to be driven, It was fitted with a Rack & Pinion Power steering from Unisteer for more precise steering, has front Power Disc Brakes, a newer A/C kit from Old Air Products, Door & Trunk Locks controlled with a Remote and a Bluetooth Radio.
This car has all original metal body panels except for trunk drop off pans & front floor pans. Body was completely sandblasted before restoration in 2010 to remove all surface rust.
The interior was restored. This car has a black ‘’Interior Décor Group’’ which includes the following: Center Console, Over-head console with Map Lights, Deluxe Seat Belts Deluxe door panels inserts, doors lower grilles with lights and speakers, woodgrain dash panels and Deluxe bucket seats with Confortweave inserts.
See full description below.
- 302ci Engine 320HP Fully Rebuilt less then 100miles
- 5.0 Heads (better flow)
- 4bbl ''QuickFuel'' 600CFM Carburator with Electric Choke, New
- Edelbrock Aluminum Intake
- Ford Racing Valve Covers
- K&N Air Cleaner
- Pertronix Ignition
- Flat Top Pistons
- Original Exhaust Manifolds
- Pypes Stainless Steel Exhaust, New
- 5-Speed Manual Transmission, Borg Warner T5
- Rear end: 2.79 Conventional Rear Axle, original
- Rare Factory color, Gulfstream Aqua
- Body and undercarriage are immaculate, totally restored
- Original Body Panels all around
- Completely Repainted, high quality paint.
- Gaps between the panels are nice and tight all around
- Chrome Bumpers are Original are in Very Good condition
- Aluminum Trims around Windshield and Backglass are in Perfect Condition
- All date correct glass, except for the windshield. All the glass is in very good condition.
- Perfect Condition, Completely Redone.
- Interior Décor Group
- New Dash Pad in very good condition
- Deluxe Woodgrain dash pannels
- Deluxe Steering Wheel
- 1968 Shelby Center console, original
- Over head console with Map lights
- Deluxe door panels
- Lower door grilles with lights and speakers
- Original Deluxe Seat Belts
- Fold Down rear seats
- New Carpet
- Bluetooth/AM/FM Radio, newer speakers
- Air Conditionning, New ''Old Air Products''
- Power Brakes
- Front Disc brakes
- Rear Drum Brakes
Suspension / Handling
- Power Steering
- Rack & Pinion Steering from ''Unisteer''
- Bushings, balljoints and tie rods are tight
Wheels / Tires
- 14inch Original GT Wheels with Chrome Trim Rings
- 4x 205/65R14 BF Goodrich Radial T/A Tires, Brand New
- New OEM wiring
- Electric Door & Trunk Lock with Remote