1968 Mustang Fastback 302ci J-Code
1968 Mustang Fastback 302ci J-Code for sale.
SOLD, Gone in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia!
*Links below for more photos & video*
This Mustang has its Matching Numbers Engine / Transmission / Rear End. It has 73 XXX Original Miles.
It spent its life in California and Florida and was recently imported to Canada. It came out of the factory loaded with options in 1968.
It was meticulously restored to around 4000miles ago. The body was completely stripped down, paint is immaculate, with a mirror like finish. All the panels are original. The all original metal undercarriage is flawless.
The interior was restored. This car has the Black ‘’Interior Décor Group’’ which includes the following: Center Console, Over-head console with Map Lights, Deluxe door panels with woodgrain inserts, doors lower grilles with courtesy lights, Deluxe bucket seats with Confortweave inserts and deluxe seat backs. It was also ordered with the fold down rear seat.
This Mustang is a factory J-Code with a 302ci 4bbl Carburator. The Matching Numbers 302ci engine is fully rebuilt with less than 100 miles. It has a C4 Automatic transmission with a 3.00 conventionnal rear axle. It also has power steering, power disc brakes, air conditionning & more (see marti report).
Everything is functional on the car, see full description below.
- Matching Numbers 302ci Fully Rebuilt less then 100miles
- Upgraded camshaft
- 4bbl Edelbrock Carburator, Rebuilt
- Cobra Dressing kit
- C4 Automatic Transmission
- Rear end: 3.00 Conventionnal Rear Axle
- Repainted in ''Candy Apple Red'' (factory ford color, 1968), paint is Immaculate, very close to showroom, no scratches, stone chips or orange peel.
- Body is superb, no waves or bumps.
- Undercarriage is all original metal and free of rust. The original red oxide primer was coated with black paint and light coat of oil. Frame rails / torque boxes / floor boards have no deformation.
- Gaps between the panels are nice and tight all around
- Chromes are in very good shape
- Very nice condition, completely redone.
- Interior Décor Group
- Woodgrain insert dash pannels
- Center console, original
- Over head console with Map lights
- Deluxe door panels with woodgrain inserts
- Lower door grilles with courtesy lights
- Fold Down rear seats
- AM/FM/Cassette Radio
- Air Conditionning - Original ''Selectaire''
- Power Brakes
- Front Disc brakes
- Rear Drum Brakes
Suspension / Handling
- Bushings, balljoints and tie rods are tight
- Power Steering
- Everything was inspected and worn out parts were replaced
Wheels / Tires
- 14inch Torq Thrust Wheels
- 205/70R14 Cooper Cobra Radial G/T Tires all around
- Brand New Magnaflow Exhaust System
- Fully functional unmolested wiring
Here's the ORIGINAL vehicule information, from the day it left the factory:
8R02J111099 VIN Decode :
- 8: 1968
- R: Assembly plant, San Jose, California
- 02: Body Type, Fastback
- J: Engine code, 302ci, 4bbl, 230hp
- 111099: Sequential unit number
- 63B: Fastback / Luxury Interior / Bucket Seats
- I : Paint Color: Lime Gold
- 6A: Black Décor Bucket Seats
- 06M: Build date : December 06, 1967
- 71: DSO (District sales office), Los Angeles, CA
- 5: Axle, 3.00 8inch Conventionnal Rear Axle
- W: C4 Cruise-O-Matic Transmission