1968 Mustang Fastback Candy Apple Red C-Code
1968 Mustang Fastback 289ci C-Code 4-Speed For Sale!
**Link For More Photos & Video Below Description**
Price Listed In USD
289ci 4bbl engine, Date Correct
4-Speed Manual Transmission
8'' / 3.25 Conventionnal Rear Axle
Candy Apple Red, factory color
Black Standard Interior with Confort Weave Bucket Seats
This Mustang was built in San Jose, California and originally sold in Seattle, Washington. It just went through a partial restoration at our facilities.
The paint is in very good condition, it has a mirror like finish. It was just detailed. It has no scratches or stone chips, except one very thin scratch (1/2inch) on the hood (see pictures). The body is in great shape, lazer straight, free of any rust/rust bubbles and bondo. Front Floor pans were changed at some point. The rest of the floors is beleived to be original and in very good condition, It was recently stripped off and resprayed. The gaps between the panels are perfect, better than what came out of the factory in 1968. The aluminum trims and chromes around the car are in perfect condition. Front bumper is new, rear bumper is original with a little bit of wear. The vent windows are very nice. The glass around the car is nice, no major scratches, except minor scratches on side glass.
The interior was restored. This car has the Black standard interior with original black knitted bucket seats, which are in exceptionnal shape for their age. It also has the following options: 1967 Center Console, 1967 Over-head console with Map Lights and fold down rear seat. Dash pad is original in very good condition. Carpet is new everywhere (floor and fold down). All the hard panels at the back are in very good condition. New steering wheel, tachometer was added, all the gauges are functionnal. Door panels are in great condition. Headliner is in perfect condition.
This Mustang is a factory 289ci 2bbl ''C-Code''. The original 289ci Engine is long gone, we just replaced the last engine that was worn out for a fresh build, date correct 289ci. Full rebuild with 0.030 pistons. It has 302heads (better flow over 289 heads), edelbrock aluminum intake, upgraded comp cam camshaft, Holley ''Street Warrior'' 600CFM Carb and flat top pistons. It runs strong, has 300hp as it is set up. The transmission is a date correct Toploader 4 speed, it was also just rebuilt with new gears, synchros and bearings. The rear axle is an original 8Inch 3.25 Conventionnal. The rear axle is in good condition, shows no signs of wear.
The suspension, bushings and bearings are in good condition, no loose. This car has a manual steering. The brakes were redone last summer, was driven 1000miles since. It has power front disc brakes, the brake booster and the master cylinder are new.
- Matching Numbers 289ci Fully Rebuilt less then 100miles
- 302 Heads (better flow)
- Upgraded ''comp cam'' camshaft
- 4bbl Holley ''Street Warrior'' 600CFM Carburator, New
- Cobra Dressing kit
- Edelbrock Aluminum Intake
- Hooker Headers
- Toploader 4-Speed, Rebuilt, less than 100miles
- Rear end: 2.79 Conventionnal Rear Axle
- Repainted in ''Candy Apple Red'' (factory ford color, 1968), paint is Immaculate, very close to showroom, no scratches, stone chips or orange peel.
- One small scratch on the hood (1/2inch)
- Body is superb, no waves or bumps.
- Undercarriage is mostly metal and free of rust. Frame rails / torque boxes / floor boards have no deformation.
- Front floorpans were changed at some point
- Gaps between the panels are nice and tight all around
- Chromes are in very good shape
- Very nice condition, mostly redone.
- Original Dash Pad, Very good condition
- Original ''Knitted vinyl'' Seats, very good condition
- New Carpet (Floors & Fold down)
- 1967 Center console, original
- 1967 Over head console with Map lights
- Door Panels are nice
- Headliner is perfect
- Rear hard panels in very good shape
- Fold Down rear seats
- AM/FM/Cassette Radio
- All Gauges are functionnal
- Power Brakes
- Front Disc brakes
- Rear Drum Brakes
- New Master & Booster
Suspension / Handling
- Bushings, balljoints and tie rods are tight
- Manual Steering
- Everything was inspected and worn out parts were replaced
Wheels / Tires
- ORIGINAL 14'' GT Wheels
- Firestone Wide Oval F14x70 Tires
- Brand New Pypes Stainless Steel exhaust
- Fully functional unmolested wiring
Here's the ORIGINAL vehicule information, from the day it left the factory:
8R02C123116 VIN Decode :
- 8: 1968
- R: Assembly plant, San Jose, California
- 02: Body Type, Fastback
- C: Engine code, 289ci, 2bbl, 200hp
- 123116: Sequential unit number
- 63A: Fastback / Standard Interior / Bucket Seats
- T: Paint Color: Candy Apple Red
- 5A: Black Comfort Weave (Decor Group)
- 22A: Build date : January 22, 1968
- 74: DSO (District sales office), Seattle, Washington
- 7: Axle, 3.25 8inch Conventionnal Rear Axle
- 5: 4-Speed Manual Transmission
Serious Inquiries, No Trades, Thank You.