1968 Mustang Fastback GT J-Code Candy Apple Red / Red Interior
Mustang Fastback 1968 GT ''J-Code'' for sale!
**Link For More Photos & Video below description**
SOLD, Gone in Scottsdale, AZ, USA!
306ci 4bbl engine 376hp
4-Speed Manual Toploader W/ Hurst Shifter
9'' / 3.25 Positraction Rear Axle
Candy Appel Red exterior color, repainted once
Dark Red Standard Interior
Matching numbers 302ci engine and C4 transmission are in our possession and will come with the vehicule.
It was found in 2011 by the previous owner in a barn, where it was stored since the early 1980's. It was meticulously restored by the retired millwright and his wife mostly to its factory specifications (see marti report) around 4000miles ago. The quality of the work is better than when the vehicule left the factory, the fit of the panels, the attention to details and the functionnality of the vehicule is just perfect. It now has 46 000 original miles.
It never ran on rainy days. This car has all original metal body panels. The paint is in nealy perfect condition, it has no scratches or dents, and a few really minor stone chips. This Mustang spent all of its life in Eastern Canada more precisely within 100km radius of the Ottawa/Gatineau region.
The body went through complete restoration. The doors and fenders are original. The floor was totally replaced by a new complete floors/frame rails/torqueboxes. Quarter panels are original except for the bottom 6'', which were butt welded (doesn't show) and the trunk drop offs were replaced. Both rockers were changed for original rockers in excellent condition taken from another car. It is 100% free of rust, was repainted in full (inside/outside, engine bay, undercarriage, etc) and was rustproof treated in all the impossible to access area. This restoration is made to last for a very long time. The glass is in very good condition, the bumpers were rechromed, the aluminum trims are in excellent condition.
The interior is mostly original. This car has a standard red interior, which was protected from the elements and in a very impressive condition. The headliner was replaced for a one piece to get more head room, the fold down was added to the vehicle, and the steering wheel is new (original deluxe streering wheel in a box). Everything else is original in good condition. Seats and dash are near perfect, rear panels are perfect.
This Mustang is a factory GT ‘’J-Code’’ with a 302ci 4bbl Carburator and an automatic ''C4'' transmission. The Matching Numbers 302ci engine and transmission come with the car . It now has a 376hp 306ci crate engine capable of 5800rpm from Pheonix Engines mated to a 4-speed ''Toploader'' manual transmission with Hurst shifter. The original 3.25 9'' conventional rear axle was upgraded to a Positraction with the same 3.25 ratio.
We have receipts for mostly everything that was done on the vehicle, documentation and pictures from vehicle when coming out of the barn.
This Mustang left the factory in 1968 with the GT Package, which includes the following: Power Disc Brakes, Grille Mounted Fog Lights, Dual Exhaust, C-Stripe, Styled Steel GT Wheels, Heavy Duty Suspension, GT Pop-Up Gas Cap. All of these items are still present on the car and are original except the C-Stripe. The wheels with the trim rings and GT Center Caps come separately in a box.
It also came with the optional Power Steering, Front Seats Headrest, Tinted Glass and AM Radio. The Fold Down rear seat was added during the restoration.
Everything is functional on this Mustang, see full description below.
- 306ci 376 HP / 340 TQ revving 5800RPM by Pheonix Engines
- 4bbl Holley Carburator, Secondary vacuum 750cfm, electric choke
- Aluminum heads ARP bolts
- Roller Rockers
- Aluminum Intake
- Forged Flat Top pistons
- 7qts oil pan
- MSD Ignition
- Complete Build / Specs sheet of the engine available
- The complete matching numbers 302ci / original 4bbl carb comes with the car
- Toploader 4-Speed Manual Transmission
- Hurst Shifter
- Rear end: 3.25 Positraction Rear Axle, date correct
- The Matching Numbers C4 comes with the car
- Factory color, Candy Apple Red
- Body and undercarriage are immaculate, totally restored
- New full Floor / framerails / torque boxes
- New trunk drop offs, quarter panel (6'' bottom, butt welded)
- One repaint on the exterior, high quality paint.
- Gaps between the panels are nice and tight all around
- Original Chromes are in perfect shape, rechromed
- Original aluminum trims in excellent shape
- Glass is very nice
- Original Seats in very good condition
- Original dash pad in perfect condition
- Original Carpet is good
- Original rear ''hard panels'' repainted once, excellent condition
- New one piece headliner
- New Steering wheel
- Fold down rear seats
- AM Radio
- Power Brakes
- Front Wilwood Disc brakes
- Rear Drum Brakes
Suspension / Handling
- Bushings, balljoints and tie rods are new and tight
- Heavy duty suspension (comes with the GT package)
- Original control arms were boxed to improve handling
Wheels / Tires
- 15'' Torq Thrust Wheels
- Cooper Cobra Tires 235/60R15 front 245/60R15 back
- Original 14'' GT Wheels with trim ring and GT center caps are available
Here's the ORIGINAL vehicule information, from the day it left the factory:
8F02J189450 VIN Decode :
- 8: 1968
- F: Assembly plant, Dearborn, Michigan
- 02: Body Type, Fastback
- J: Engine code, 302ci, 4bbl, 230hp
- 189450: Sequential unit number
- 63A: Fastback / Standard Interior / Bucket Seats
- T: Paint Color: Candy Apple Red
- 2D: Red Vinyl Standard Bucket Seats
- 07E: Build date : May 7, 1968
- B1: DSO (District sales office), Central Canada
- 7: Axle, 3.25 9inch Conventionnal Rear Axle
- W: C4 Select Shift Automatic Transmission