1968 Mustang Fastback GT J-Code Highland Green / Saddle Deluxe Interior
Mustang Fastback 1968 GT J-Code 302ci for sale!
SOLD, Gone in Mur Sur Allier, France!
**Link For More Photos & Video Below Description**
Price Listed In USD
302ci 4bbl engine, matching numbers.
4-Speed Manual, Date correct
9'' / 3.25 Conventionnal Rear Axle
Highland Green color, repainted once
Rare Saddle Deluxe Interior
This Mustang left the factory in 1968 with the GT Package, which includes the following: Power Disc Brakes, Grille Mounted Fog Lights, Dual Exhaust, C-Stripe, Styled Steel GT Wheels, Heavy Duty Suspension, GT Pop-Up Gas Cap. All of these items are still present on the car and are original.
It also came with the optional Power Steering, Fold-Down Rear Seats, Tinted Glass and AM Radio. All of these are still on the car except for the original AM Radio that was replaced for an original and functionnal Ford 8-Track Radio.
This car is all original metal and respect its Marti Report mostly in every aspect. It spent most of its life in Eastern Canada.
It was meticulously restored to its factory specifications (see marti report) around 15000miles ago. It never ran on rainy days. This car has all original metal body panels. The paint is in perfect condition, has no stone chips, scratches or dents.
The interior was completely restored. This car has a rare Saddle ‘’Interior Décor Group’’ which includes the following: Center Console, Over-head console with Map Lights, Deluxe door panels with woodgrain inserts, doors lower grilles with lights and speakers, Deluxe bucket seats with Confortweave inserts. It was also ordered with the fold down rear seat and actually has Tilt Steering column.
This Mustang is a factory GT ‘’J-Code’’ with a 302ci 4bbl Carburator. The Matching Numbers 302ci engine was totally rebuilt and has 15000 miles or less. It has a 4-speed manual transmission with a 9'' 3.25 conventionnal rear axle, both of which are date correct to the car.
Everything is functional on this Mustang, see full description below.
- Matching Numbers 302ci, original specs, rebuilt less than 15 000miles ago
- 4bbl Holley Carburator
- All original dressing except for the valve covers (I also have the originals)
- Toploader 4-Speed Manual Transmission, date correct
- Rear end: 3.25 Conventional Rear Axle, original
- Factory color, Highland Green
- Body and undercarriage are immaculate, totally restored
- Original Body Panels all around
- One repaint on the exterior, high quality paint. Was never even wet sanded and polished.
- Gaps between the panels are nice and tight all around
- Chromes are in perfect shape
- 14inch GT Wheels / Chrome
- Immaculate condition, completely redone.
- Interior Décor Group
- Woodgrain dash pannels
- Center console, original in perfect condition
- Over head console with Map lights
- Deluxe door panels
- Lower door grilles with lights and speakers
- Fold Down rear seats
- 8-Track / AM Original Ford Radio
- Tilt Steering Column
- Power Brakes
- Front Disc brakes
- Rear Drum Brakes
Suspension / Handling
- Bushings, balljoints and tie rods are tight
- Heavy duty suspension (comes with the GT package)
- Unmolested original wiring
Here's the ORIGINAL vehicule information, from the day it left the factory:
8F02J160174 VIN Decode :
- 8: 1968
- F: Assembly plant, Dearborn, Michigan
- 02: Body Type, Fastback
- J: Engine code, 302ci, 4bbl, 230hp
- 160174: Sequential unit number
- 63B: Fastback / Deluxe Interior / Bucket Seats
- R: Paint Color: Highland Green
- 6F: Saddle Vinyl Luxury Bucket Seats
- 21B: Build date : Febuary 21, 1968
- B1: DSO (District sales office), Central Canada
- 7: Axle, 3.25 9inch Conventionnal Rear Axle
- 5: 4-Speed Manual Transmission
Serious Inquiries, No Trades, Thank You!