1968 Mustang Fastback J-Code Highland Green / Parchment Deluxe Interior
Mustang Fastback 1968 J-Code 302ci for sale!
SOLD, Gone in Saint-Tropez, France!
**Link For More Photos & Video Below Description*
302ci 4bbl engine, matching numbers.
C4 Automatic Trans, Date correct
8'' / 3.25 Positraction Rear Axle
Highland Green color, repainted
Parchment Deluxe Interior
This Mustang was restored to match all of its original options as per the Marti Report. It came with the optional Power Steering, Power Disc Brakes, Fold-Down Rear Seats, Air Conditionning, Tinted Glass, Deluxe Interior with Center Console and Deluxe seat belts. All of these options are still on the car. This car was manufactured and originally sold in California.
This is a very solid and original metal driver quality car, meant for someone who wants to jump in, drive it anywhere and does not want to care about parking it anywhere. All of the mechanics and electronics were just inspected and tuned up, everything is functionnal.
It was restored to its factory specifications in 2015 around 6000miles ago. This car has all original metal body panels.
This is an original 2 owners car.
The paint is in low quality driver condition, has a lot of orange peel and some waves, it could not be wetsanded and polished to become a showroom. There are no scratches or stone chips, the car is free of any bondo except a very small part at the bottom of the quarter panels behind the rear wheels. There is no rust or rust bubbles. I rarely give my own opinion on condition, but I think that paint quality gives the car a lot of character. Undercarriage is clean and all original metal, undercoated during the resto. Inner fenders are still original metal in very good condition. The engine bay area was also repainted, driver quality, has no rust and no patches. Original glass all around is in perfect condition.
The interior was completely restored. This car has a Parchment ‘’Interior Décor Group’’ which includes the following: Center Console, Over-head console with Map Lights, Deluxe door panels with woodgrain inserts, doors lower grilles with lights and speakers, Deluxe bucket seats with Confortweave inserts. It was also ordered with the fold down rear seat. The interior is in perfect shape, except for a small portion of the headliner where it meets the windshield, this cannot be seen when you sit in the car.
This Mustang is a factory ‘’J-Code’’ with a 302ci 4bbl Carburator. The Matching Numbers 302ci engine was totally rebuilt and has 6000 miles or less. Date code and Vin Stamps on the engine block are verified to match the car. It has a Edelbrock 600cfm carburator with electric choke. It was not driven a lot since restored, so we had the carburator rebuilt. We also have the original Autolite carburetor with the car. It has a C4 Automatic transmission with a 8'' 3.25 positraction rear axle, both of which were also totally rebuilt during the restoration.
Power steering and power disc brakes were redone and are in good working order, power steering lines are new. There is no loose in the bushings / suspensions, all of these components are also new. The car drives straight, no unusual sound coming from any of the mechanical components.
All the lights/switches were tested and repaired if necessary when we took possession of the car. The wiring is original and unmolested. The original AM radio is functionnal, but the 8 Track is not. A/C compressor is functionnal but needs to be filled.
Everything is functional on this Mustang, see full description below.
- Matching Numbers 302ci, original specs, rebuilt 6 000miles ago
- 4bbl Edelbrock 600cfm Carburator
- Electric choke
- All original dressing except for the valve covers & air cleaner
- C4 Automatic Transmission, rebuilt 6 000miles ago
- Rear end: 3.25 Positraction Rear Axle, rebuilt 6 000miles ago
- Factory color, Highland Green
- Paint is low driver quality, a lot of orange peel
- Body has some waves and bumps here and there
- Original Body Panels all around
- One repaint on the exterior, no bondo except for a small portion on both quarter panels behind the rear wheel
- Gaps between the panels are nice and tight all around
- Chromes good shape
- Aluminum trims are mostly in good shape, some dents are visible
- Glass is perfect free of scratches
- Undercarriage is all original metal, absolutely no rust
- Very good condition, completely redone.
- Interior Décor Group
- Woodgrain dash pannels
- Center console, original in perfect condition
- Over head console with Map lights
- Deluxe door panels
- Lower door grilles with lights and speakers
- Fold Down rear seats
- 8-Track / AM Original Ford Radio
- Tilt Steering Column
- Only downside, there is a bad spot on the headliner where it meets the windshield
- Power Brakes
- Front Disc brakes
- Rear Drum Brakes
Suspension / Handling
- Bushings, balljoints and tie rods are all new and tight
- Unmolested original wiring
Here's the ORIGINAL vehicule information, from the day it left the factory:
8R02J115816 VIN Decode :
- 8: 1968
- R: Assembly plant, San Jose, California
- 02: Body Type, Fastback
- J: Engine code, 302ci, 4bbl, 230hp
- 115816: Sequential unit number
- 63B: Fastback / Deluxe Interior / Bucket Seats
- R: Paint Color: Highland Green
- 6U: Parchment Vinyl Luxury Bucket Seats
- 16M: Build date : December 16, 1967
- 71: DSO (District sales office), Los Angeles, California
- 5: Axle, 3.00 Conventionnal Rear Axle
- W: C4 ''Select Shift'' Automatic Transmission
Serious Inquiries, No Trades, Thank You!