1968 Mustang Fastback J-Code Vintage Burgundy / Dark Red Interior
Mustang Fastback 1968 J-Code 302ci, For Sale!
**More Photos & Video On A Link Below**
302ci 4bbl engine
C4 Automatic Transmission, Date correct
9'' / 3.25 Conventionnal Rear Axle
Vintage Burgundy, repainted
Dark Red Interior
This is a 3 original owners car. It actually has 66 200 original miles. Everything that was done to the car since 1988 was documented by the second owner, it had 12 510miles at the time. It was always garaged in winter time and has never seen salt. It have not been driven a lot because the first owner was in the army and rarely home to use it. Third owner took possession of the car in 2003 at 49 420 miles and sold it to us in may this year.
The paint was redone in the early 2000's. It's a nice driver condition paint. Body has some minor waves, a little bit of ''orange peel'' and fisheye, but shows really good for its age. There are no rust bubbles or surface rust. There are no stonechips or scratches on the car, no paint flaking. The doors / fenders / hood / trunk lid are original and in very good condition. The gaps between panels are nice and tight all round. The original chromes are good, they do not have any pitting, but they show some wear. The original aluminum trims are nice, a few dents here and there but nothing major. Original glass all around is in nice condition.
All original Metal except two lower quarter panels parts behind the rear wheels that were replaced when paint was redone and the two front Torqueboxes and the passenger side framerail that were replaced recently by a professionnal welder. Other than this, the undercarriage is nice and free of rust, it was undercoated at some point for better protection.
The interior is mostly original. Dash pad, seats, headliner and center console are original and in good condition. There is a minor crack in the driver's side seat. The headliner is in perfect condition, no cracks or waves. Carpet was replaced around 20years ago. Some of the hard panels in the back were replaced and/or restored. This mustang is equipped with its original fold down seat and original deluxe seatbelts.
The engine block was replaced for a 1969 302 in 1999 after a ring broke and railed the original engine badly. Complete teardown and rebuild of the engine, the original heads were rebuilt and are still on the car (date codes verified), done at 39 968miles. Most of the gaskets have been replaced over time, Still runs like new, does sweat tiny amount of oil, but nothing major. Car just went thru a tune up (June 2021), the edelbrock carburator was rebuilt, new carb gas line & filter, new plugs and wires, new valve cover gaskets and inspection by a professionnal mechanic. The C4 automatic transmission was rebuilt and resealed in 2009 at 59 272 miles. The 9'' rear end was rebuilt in 1989 with new spider gears and new 3.50 Richmond Gears. Still in very good condition today. Please see photos for the complete maintenance booklet.
Power steering and power disc brakes are in good working order, power steering lines are recent. There is no loose in the bushings / suspensions. The car drives straight, no unusual sound coming from any of the mechanical components.
All the lights/switches were tested and repaired if necessary when we took possession of the car. The wiring is original and unmolested. The original radio is not functionnal.
All in all, this is a great driver, you can jump in, drive it anywhere without problems without spending the extra to get a showroom condition car. It also presents very well, detailing and complete mechanical inspection was just done.
See full description below.
- 302ci, 1969 block 26 000miles since complete rebuilt
- Original Date Correct Heads, 26 000miles since rebuilt
- Engine has around 260hp
- 4bbl Edelbrock 600cfm Carburator, rebuilt June 2021
- Electric Choke
- New Spark Plugs / Wires
- Upgraded Camshaft
- Distributor has a pertronix
- Original valve covers
- Original Date correct intake
- Original exhaust manifolds
- C4 Automatic Transmission, Rebuilt 7000 miles ago
- 9'' Rear end 3.50 Conventionnal Rear Axle, Richmond Gears
- Repainted 20years ago, still very nice for it's age, ''Driver'' quality
- All original body panels, except bottom of both quarter panels that were replaced
- Gaps between the panels are nice and tight all around
- Seams and joints are perfect
- Aluminum trims good, some minor dents
- Chrome bumpers are original, some wear but no pitting
- Undercarriage is free of rust or patches and is all original except for front torqueboxes
- Rusty torqueboxes will be professionally replaced in July 2021
- All the weatherstrips and rubber bumpers are good
- The windshield was replaced at some point, it is nice
- Original Backglass is nice
- Original side glass is nice
- Original Vent Windows are nice, seals are in good shape, the chrome has some minor pitting
- Mostly Original
- Original seats, very good condition, a little crack in the front driver's side seat back
- Original Dash Panel in perfect condition
- Original Headliner in perfect condition
- Original dash pad in very good shape, no cracks
- Replacement Door Panels in perfect condition
- Fold Down rear seat, very good condition
- Original Center Console has some minor wear
- Original radio (not functionnal)
- The Hard Panels at the back are in good condition, not cracked, restored at some point
- Windows roll up and down easily
- Power Brakes
- Original Front Disc Brakes
- Rear Drum Brakes
Suspension / Handling
- Bushings, Balljoints and Bearings are in good condition, no loose
- Power steering pump is in good condition, hoses are recent
- Steers well, no abnormal loose in the direction
- Fully functional, original and unmolested
See Marti Report For Original Description