1969 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28 RS ''Lemans Blue''
1969 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 RS For Sale. Top of the line 1969 Camaro, in a pristine condition and desirable color combo. This is a Canadian Documented Z/28.
SOLD, gone in Wisconsin, USA!
Fresh ''Lemans Blue'' repaint, original color. Immaculate body & paint.
1969 302ci DZ Block
4-Speed Manual Close Ratio M22
4:10 Rear axle, 12bolts Posi
Canadian Documented Z28!
1969 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 RS For Sale. Top of the line 1969 Camaro, in a pristine condition and desirable color combo.
It came factory in its actual ''Lemans Blue'' dress with White Stripes stripes and White vinyl top. The body & paint are in immaculate condition, it was completely repaited just before listing the car. The paint is free of orange peel, fit and finish of the panels are very nice. Windows, windshield, backglass and all the trims were removed to do the full repaint, some rust was found and repaired around the windshield and backglass, common issue on first gen Camaros. Stripes were painted before appling the clear coat, then wetsanded, you will not feel the ''edge'' of the stripes when touching the paint. Everything was removed inside the engine bay area to have it repainted in its factory satin black. All the original Z28 and Rally Sport badges were reinstalled after the full repaint. The undercarriage is in absolutely spotless. All the glass is original and in good condition. The aluminum trims are original, in good condition. The chrome bumpers are original rechromed.
The Z28 came factory with a high revving 302ci engine with solid lifters. It was rated at 290hp but owners found out it really produced around 360hp on the dyno. This 302 was taken apart and inspected. We checked the main bearings, cylinders, changed the oil pump, changed the water pump and did a complete reseal. The heads were replaced in the early 70's, for a set of LT1 heads (1970's Z28 and corvette), ''original'' over the counter replacement parts from GM back in the days. The transmission is the original Close Ration Muncie M22. The rear end is a 4.10 Positraction, this is the original gear ratio.
The interior is mostly original form our observations. Seat covers, are original in very good condition, no cracks. Carpet is original, headliner is original, has 1 or two small holes (repaired). Center console and gauges are original and functionnal. Original Steering wheel. Newer dash pad. The car came with the optionnal tilt column.
The suspension, direction, bushings, ball joints and bearings were all renewed during the resto. The power steering system has new lines, rebuilt OE steering box and power steering pump. It also came factory with front disc brakes and rear drums.
- Rebuilt 302ci 1969 DZ Block
- Full engine reseal and inspection just done
- Holley 670cfm Secondary Vacuum 4bbl Carburator
- '69 DZ Crank
- Original Rods
- MSD Distributor
- Original Radiator
- Factory Solid Lifters
- 0.030 bored over Block and Pistons, original specs pistons
- Comp Cam Camshaft
- Hooker Headers Ceramic coated
- Original Intake
- Original Valve Covers
- New Flowmaster Exhaust
- Original Oil Pan
- Original Windage Tray
- New Oil Pump
- New Water Pump
- Muncie 4-Speed M22 Close Ratio, factory
- 12 bolts 4.10 Positraction Rear Axle, factory
- ‘’Nut and Bolt’’ Restoration
- Factory ''Lemans Blue'' with white stripes, redone, showroom quality
- Body is free of rust or bondo
- All Original metal except for these: Driver's side door skin, both trunk drop off pans, repairs around the windshield and bottom of the backglass.
- Undercarriage in perfect condition, repainted in ''satin black'' respecting the originality of the car.
- Engine bay area was stripped down and repainted in ''satin black'' as it was from factory
- No stone chips, no scratches.
- Gaps between the panels are nice and tight all around
- Original ''Cowl Induction'' Hood
- Bumpers & Accessories are original rechromed
- Aluminum Trims all around are original in good condition
- Rubbers and seals are recent
- Windshield, Backglass and Sideglass are original in very good condition
- Original Front Lower Valence
- Blue Interior, Mostly original, good condition
- Original Front & Rear Seat covers and foam
- Original Door Panels
- Original Headliner, two small repaired holes
- Original Center Console
- Original Steering Wheel
- Aftermarket Dash Pad
- Original Tach Cluster
- Original AM radio
- All of the Gauges are Functionnal
- Functionnal Clock
- Front Disc brakes
- Rear Drum Brakes
- Power brakes
Suspension / Handling
- Power Steering
- Bushings, balljoints and tie rods are all new and tight
Wheels / Tires
- Original 15'' Rally wheelsWheels
- BF Goodrich Radial T/A's
- Original, unmolested wiring