1969 Mustang Fastback GT 428 Cobra Jet / Royal Maroon
1969 GT R-Code 428ci Cobra Jet Mustang. They made only 278 GTs with the Cobra Jet engine in 1969 which makes this car extremely rare. This one is down to 1 of 1 acording to the Marti Report.
Price Listed In USD
**More Photos on a Link Below, Video coming soon!**
Restored to match its original options.
All matching numbers engine / trans / rear end. Extra care was used to keep the original parts of the car during the resto, except for rubbers/bushings/vinyls/hardware. It was restored to look the same as when it left the factory in 1969.
It came factory in its actual ''Royal Maroon'' color. The body & paint are in good condition, they do not have any stonechips, scratches or dents. There is a light mismatch in the paint color on the hood and cowl. The fit and finish of the panels are nice. The undercarriage is in nice, it was redone in its original ''Red oxyde'' primer. All the glass is original and in good condition. The aluminum trims are original/restored, in good condition without dents. Minor cracks visible in the joint between rear window panel and quarters. All original metal except for front floors and drop off pans.
The ''R-Code'' GT came factory with a 428ci Cobra Jet Big Block with the ''Ram Air''. The matching numbers engine was fully rebuilt at the same time as the body around 10 year ago. The 4-Speed Toploader ''Close Ratio'' is also still present and was rebuilt at the same time. This car came with the optionnal 9'' Traction-Lok 3.50 rear axle.
The suspension, direction, bushings, ball joints and bearings were all renewed during the resto. The power steering system has new lines, rebuilt OE control valve and power steering pump. It also came factory with front disc brakes and rear drums, which are verified to actually less than 10% wear.
Here's the description of the vehicle:
- Matching Numbers 428ci Cobra Jet ''Ram Air'' 335hp / 420tq
- Original ''Ram Air'' Shaker
- Replacement Holley 4bbl 735CFM
- Still has the original Smog Pump
- Full rebuilt to factory specs
- Original style spark plug wires and yellow top coil
- Toploader 4-Speed Close Ratio, matching #’s
- 9'' 3.50 Traction-Lok Rear Axle
- Factory Royal Maroon, repainted, good driver quality
- Body is free of rust or bondo
- All Original Metal except for front floor pans
- Undercarriage in great condition, repainted in ''red oxide'' .
- No stone chips, no scratches.
- Gaps between the panels are nice
- ''Ram Air'' Hood
- Bumpers & Accessories are original rechromed
- Aluminum Trims all around are in good condition
- Rubbers and seals are new
- Windshield, Backglass and sideglass are nice
- Original Spoiler
- Original Front Lower Valence
- Black Vinyl Interior, Immaculate condition
- Original Restored Steering Wheel
- Original Tach Cluster
- Headliner is nice
- Dash is perfect
- Seats were redone, perfect condition
- Newer carpet
- Original and Functionnal AM radio
- All of the Gauges are Functionnal
- Power Brakes
- Front Disc brakes
- Rear Drum Brakes
Suspension / Handling
- Power Steering
- Bushings, balljoints and tie rods are all new and tight
Wheels / Tires
- Original 14Inch GT Wheels
- Goodyear Polyglass Tires
- Original, fully functional wiring
Here's the ORIGINAL vehicule information, from the day it left the factory:
9F02R172815 VIN Decode :
- 9: 1969
- T: Assembly plant, Metuchen, New Jersey
- 02: Body Type, Fastback
- R: Engine code, 428ci Cobra Jet ''Ram Air'', 4bbl, ''335hp''
- 109808: Sequential unit number
- 63A: Fastback / Standard Interior / Bucket Seats
- B: Paint Color: Royal Maroon
- 2A: Black Vinyl
- 24J: Build date : September 24, 1968
- 38: DSO (District sales office), Pittsburg, Pennsylvania Ordering District
- S: Axle, 3.50 Traction-Lok 9inch Rear Axle
- 6: 4-Speed Close Ratio Manual Transmission
Serious Inquiries Only, No Trades. Thank You!