1969 Mustang Fastback MACH 1 428ci Cobra Jet
1969 Mach 1 R-Code 428ci Cobra Jet Mustang. This is the ultimate 1969 Mustang.
**Link For More Photos, Video Below!**
Restored to match its original options (see Marti Report)
This is a true collector car
All matching numbers, nut and bolt ''Concours'' quality restoration. Extra care was used to keep the NOS (original) parts of the car during the resto, except for rubbers/bushings/vinyls/hardware. Every parts and bits were restored with the same materials and/or processes that were done at the Ford factory in 1968. This Mach 1 was fully restored in the mid-2000's at Legendary Motorcar in Canada.
It came factory in its actual ''Black Jade'' dress with a Blackout Hood Treatment, blackout spoiler/front lower valence/louvers. The body & paint are in immaculate condition, they do not have any stonechips, scratches or dents. The paint is free of orange peel, fit and finish of the panels are very nice. All the original Mach 1 vinyl decals were also redone after the full repaint. This is an all original metal car, free of any patches and panels replacement. The undercarriage is in absolutely perfect condition, it was redone in its original ''Red oxyde'' primer. All the glass is original and in good condition. The aluminum trims are original/restored, in very good condition without dents. The chrome bumpers are original rechromed.
Interior was fully restored, but a lot of the factory parts were kept and restored. The headliner, seat covers, foams, carpet and rubbers are new. The rest was either in very good condition or restored. The original dash panel is in perfect condition. This Mustang came equipped from factory with the tachometer cluster. All the gauges are functionnal. The shifter and steering wheel are original and in very good condition. The door panels are in good condition, considering their age and especially their color. The windows roll up and down easily. All the lights and switches work. This car came with factory Sport Deck Rear Seat a.k.a. fold down rear seat. The Original AM/FM radio is present and functionnal.
The ''R-Code'' Mach 1 came factory with a 428ci Cobra Jet Big Block and a 4bbl Holley Carburator. The matching numbers engine was fully rebuilt at the same time as the body in the mid 2000's. The mechanic has less than 9000miles since full rebuilt. The 4-Speed Toploader ''Close Ratio'' is also still present and rebuilt. This car came with the optionnal 9'' 3.50 Traction-Lok rear axle. The carburator was just rebuilt (July 2021) since the car hasn't ran a lot in the last years.
The suspension, direction, bushings, ball joints and bearings were all renewed during the resto. The power steering system has new lines, rebuilt OE control valve and power steering pump. It also came factory with front disc brakes and rear drums, which are verified to actually less than 10% wear. The electrical system was replaced for a new OE replacement, it is fully functional, everything was tested.
Here's the description of the vehicule:
- Matching Numbers 428ci Cobra Jet 335hp / 420tq
- Original ''Ram Air'' Shaker
- Original Holley 4bbl 735CFM
- Still has the original Smog Pump
- Full rebuilt to factory specs
- Date code: 8M27
- Original style spark plug wires and yellow top coil
- Toploader 4-Speed Close Ratio, matching #’s
- 9'' 3.50 Traction-Lok Rear Axle
- Factory Black Jade, repainted once, showroom quality
- Body is free of rust or bondo
- All Original Metal
- Undercarriage in perfect condition, repainted in ''red oxide'' respecting every original details.
- No stone chips, no scratches.
- Gaps between the panels are nice and tight all around
- ''Ram Air'' Hood
- Bumpers & Accessories are NOS rechromed
- Chrome Trims all around are NOS and in perfect condition
- Rubbers and seals are new
- Windshield, Backglass and sideglass is nice
- Original Spoiler and Louvers
- Original Front Lower Valence
- White Clarion Knit Vinyl w/ Hi-Back Bucket Seats Interior, Immaculate condition
- Mostly Done with NOS (original) Restored parts EXCEPT for these: Headliner, Seat Covers & Foam, Carpet
- Original Center Console
- Original Restored Steering Wheel
- Original Dash Pad
- Original Tach Cluster
- Original and Functionnal AM radio
- All of the Gauges are Functionnal
- Power Brakes
- Front Disc brakes
- Rear Drum Brakes
Suspension / Handling
- Power Steering
- Bushings, balljoints and tie rods are all new and tight
Wheels / Tires
- Original Mach 1 Wheels
- BF Goodrich Radial T/A's
- Original ''repro'', fully functional wiring
Here's the ORIGINAL vehicule information, from the day it left the factory:
9F02R154783 VIN Decode :
- 9: 1969
- F: Assembly plant, Dearborn, Michigan
- 02: Body Type, Fastback
- R: Engine code, 428ci Cobra Jet, 4bbl, ''335hp''
- 154783: Sequential unit number
- 63C: Fastback / Standard Interior / Bucket Seats - Mach 1
- C5: Paint Color: Black Jade, Ford #3197-A with Blackout Hood Treatment
- 3W: White Clarion Knit Vinyl w/ Hi-Back Bucket Seats
- 27M: Build date : December 27, 1968
- 15: DSO (District sales office), Washington Ordering District
- 8: Axle, 3.50 9inch Traction-Lok Rear Axle
- 6: 4-Speed Close Ratio Manual Transmission
Serious Inquiries Only, No Trades. Thank You!