1969 Mustang Fastback MACH 1 428ci Super Cobra Jet
1969 Mustang Mach 1 428 Super Cobra Jet ‘’Drag Pack’’ For Sale. #1 Concours quality car.
SOLD, Gone in Melbourne, Australia!
**Link Below For More Photos & Video**
Factory Ram Air 428 R-Code, 4-Speed, Acapulco Blue with White Clarion Knit Interior. This car is perfect in every possible way, last owner took 17years to restore it.
All matching numbers, colours and options.
PRICE LISTED IN USD
The 1969 Mach 1 Super Cobra Jet ‘’Drag Pack’’ is the ultimate factory drag racing car of this era.
This car was restored to the highest level of perfection, mostly with NOS parts respecting the originality.
The whole body was stripped down in an acid tub before beginning body & paint. It’s all original metal, the gaps all around are perfect. The paint, which was redone the factory ‘’Acapulco Blue’’ is immaculate, there is no waves / orange peel / fisheye in it. No need to tell that there is absolutely no rust, dents, scratches or stone chips. The original style Mach 1 decals were readded after paint & body was done. The engine bay area is flawless, everything is where it is supposed to be and detailed to the maximum. The undercarriage is free of any patches, was repainted in the factory ‘’Red Oxide’’ primer with the body color overspray. The chromes are NOS rechromed, the aluminum trims are NOS restored, both of which are in perfect condition. Every part and bit were restored to be exactly as they were, with the correct surface treatments or paint.
The interior is perfect, redone in its original ‘’White Clarion Knit with Hi-Back Bucket Seats’’. It was restored with a lot of the factory parts were kept and restored. The headliner, seat covers, foams, carpet and rubbers are new. The rest was either in very good condition or restored. The original dash panel is in perfect condition. This Mustang came equipped from factory with the tachometer cluster. All the gauges are functional. The shifter and steering wheel are original and in very good condition. The door panels are in very good condition, considering their age and especially their color. The windows roll up and down easily. All the lights and switches work. The center console is original and in perfect condition. The Original AM/FM radio is present and functional.
The 428ci engine was fully rebuilt at the just after the body and installed recently. The mechanic has less than 300miles since full rebuilt. The 4-Speed Toploader ''Close Ratio'' is also still present and rebuilt. This car came with the optional 9'' 3.91 Traction-Lok rear axle, it is also rebuilt and original. The carburetor is original and rebuilt.
The suspension, direction, bushings, ball joints and bearings were all renewed during the resto. It came with a manual steering and non power brakes to keep it as light as possible. It also came factory with front disc brakes and rear drums. The electrical system was replaced for a new OE replacement, it is fully functional, everything was tested.
It comes with the Elite Marti Report, the original build sheet and all the receipts from the restoration.
- 428ci SUPER Cobra Jet ‘’340hp / 440tq’’ (400hp as it is setup now)
- Original ''Ram Air'' Shaker
- Original Holley 4bbl 735CFM, Electric Choke
- Still has the original Smog Pump
- Full rebuilt to factory specs (all the SCJ Internals)
- Original style spark plug wires and yellow top coil
- Original Oil Cooler
- Hooker Headers (original CJ manifolds come with it)
- Aluminum Intake
- Stainless Steel Exhaust
- Toploader 4-Speed Close Ratio, matching #’s
- 9'' 3.91 Traction-Lok Rear Axle, matching #’s
- ‘’Nut and Bolt’’ Concourse Restoration
- Factory Acapulco Blue, acid dipped and completely stripped down before repainting, showroom quality
- Body is free of rust or bondo
- All Original Metal
- Undercarriage in perfect condition, repainted in ''red oxide'' respecting every original details.
- No stone chips, no scratches.
- Gaps between the panels are perfect and tight all around
- Original ''Ram Air'' Hood
- Bumpers & Accessories are NOS rechromed
- Aluminum Trims all around are NOS and in perfect condition
- Rubbers and seals are new
- Windshield, Backglass and Sideglass are NOS in perfect condition
- Original Front Lower Valence
- Fold Down Rear Seats
- White Clarion Knit Vinyl w/ Hi-Back Bucket Seats Interior, Immaculate condition
- Mostly Done with NOS (original) Restored parts EXCEPT for these: Headliner, Seat Covers & Foam, Carpet
- Original Center Console
- Original Restored Steering Wheel
- Original Dash Pad
- Original Tach Cluster
- Original and Functionnal AM radio
- All of the Gauges are Functionnal
- Front Disc brakes
- Rear Drum Brakes
Suspension / Handling
- Manual Steering
- Bushings, balljoints and tie rods are all new and tight
Wheels / Tires
- Original Mach 1 Wheels
- BF Goodrich Radial T/A's
- Original ''repro'', fully functional wiring
Here's the ORIGINAL vehicule information, from the day it left the factory:
9F02R169180 VIN Decode :
- 9: 1969
- F: Assembly plant, Dearborn, Michigan
- 02: Body Type, Fastback
- R: Engine code, 428ci Cobra Jet, 4bbl, ''335hp''
- 169180: Sequential unit number
- 63C: Fastback / Standard Interior / Bucket Seats - Mach 1
- 65: Paint Color: Acapulco Blue, Ford #3077-A with Blackout Hood Treatment
- 3WA: White Clarion Knit Vinyl w/ Hi-Back Bucket Seats
- 13C: Build date : March 13, 1969
- B1: DSO (District sales office), Central CanadaOrdering District
- V: Axle, 3.91 9inch Traction-Lok Rear Axle
- 6: 4-Speed Close Ratio Manual Transmission