1969 Mustang Fastback MACH 1 428ci Super Cobra Jet / Indian Fire Red
1969 Mustang Mach 1 428 Super Cobra Jet ‘’Drag Pack’’ For Sale. Showroom quality car.
**Link Below For More Photos & Video**
Factory Ram Air 428 R-Code, 4-Speed, Candy Apple Red with Black Clarion Knit Interior.
All matching numbers, colours and options.
PRICE LISTED IN USD
The 1969 Mach 1 Super Cobra Jet ‘’Drag Pack’’ is the ultimate factory drag racing car of this era.
This car was restored to the highest level of perfection, mostly with its original parts 8 years ago.
The whole body was stripped down to bare metal before beginning body & paint. It’s all original metal, the gaps all around are nice. The paint, which was redone the factory ‘’Candy Apple Red’’ is very nice.. No need to tell that there is absolutely no rust, dents, or scratches. The original style Mach 1 decals were readded after paint & body was done. The engine bay area is flawless, everything is where it is supposed to be and detailed to the maximum. The undercarriage is free of any patches, was repainted in the factory body color. The chromes were all rechromed, the aluminum trims are original, both of which are in perfect condition.
The interior is perfect, mostly redone in its original ‘’Black Clarion Knit with Hi-Back Bucket Seats’’. The seat covers, foams, carpet and rubbers are new. The rest was either in very good condition or restored. The original dash panel is in perfect condition. This Mustang came equipped from factory with the tachometer cluster. All the gauges are functional. The shifter and steering wheel are original and in very good condition. Tilt Column & fold down rear seat was added during the restoration. The door panels are in very good condition, considering their age. The windows roll up and down easily. All the lights and switches work. The center console is original and in perfect condition. The AM/FM radio is present and functional.
The 428ci engine was fully rebuilt at the just after the body and installed recently. The mechanic has less than 3000miles since full rebuilt. The 4-Speed Toploader ''Close Ratio'' is also still present and rebuilt. This car came with the optional 9'' 4.30 ''Detroit Locker'' rear axle, it is also rebuilt and original. The carburetor is original and rebuilt.
The suspension, direction, bushings, ball joints and bearings were all renewed during the resto. It came factory with power steering and power disc brakes. The electrical system is fully functional, everything was tested.
It comes with the Elite Marti Report
- 428ci SUPER Cobra Jet ‘’340hp / 440tq’’
- Original ''Ram Air'' Shaker
- Original Holley 4bbl 735CFM, Electric Choke
- Still has the original Smog Pump
- Full rebuilt to factory specs (all the SCJ Internals)
- Original style spark plug wires and yellow top coil
- Original Oil Cooler
- Original Exhaust Manifold
- Original Aluminum Intake
- Original repro Exhaust
- Toploader 4-Speed Close Ratio, matching #’s
- 9'' 4.30 Detroit Locker Rear Axle, matching #’s
- ‘’Nut and Bolt’’ Restoration
- Factory Candy Apple Red, completely stripped down to bare metal before repainting, showroom quality
- Body is free of rust or bondo
- All Original Metal
- Undercarriage in perfect condition, repainted same color as the body (rotisserie resto).
- No scratches
- Gaps between the panels are nice and tight all around
- Original ''Ram Air'' Hood
- Bumpers & Accessories are original rechromed
- Aluminum Trims all around in perfect condition
- Rubbers and seals are new
- Windshield, Backglass and Sideglass are original in nice condition
- Original Front Lower Valence
- Original Backglass louvers
- Original adjustable rear deck spoiler
- Black Clarion Knit Vinyl w/ Hi-Back Bucket Seats Interior, Immaculate condition
- Mostly Done (original) Restored parts EXCEPT for these: Headliner, Door Panels
- Original Center Console
- Original Steering Wheel
- Original Dash Pad
- Original Tach Cluster
- AM/FM radio
- All of the Gauges are Functionnal
- Fold Down Rear Seats
- Tilt Column
- Front Disc brakes (original option)
- Rear Drum Brakes
Suspension / Handling
- Power Steering (original option)
- Bushings, balljoints and tie rods are tight
Wheels / Tires
- Original Mach 1 Wheels
- Firestone Wide Oval Tires
- Original, fully functional wiring
Here's the ORIGINAL vehicule information, from the day it left the factory:
9T02R164712 VIN Decode :
- 9: 1969
- T: Assembly plant, Metuchen, New Jersey
- 02: Body Type, Fastback
- R: Engine code, 428ci Cobra Jet, 4bbl, ''335hp''
- 164712: Sequential unit number
- 63C: Fastback / Standard Interior / Bucket Seats - Mach 1
- Y5: Paint Color: Indian Fire Red, Ford #3202-A with Blackout Hood Treatment
- 3A: Black Clarion Knit Vinyl w/ Hi-Back Bucket Seats
- 23A: Build date : January 23, 1969
- 43: DSO (District sales office), Milwaukee Ordering District
- W: Axle, 4.30 9inch Traction-Lok Rear Axle
- 6: 4-Speed Close Ratio Manual Transmission