1968 Mustang Fastback 302ci Bullitt Clone
1968 Mustang Fastback C-Code, Bullitt Clone For Sale
**Link For More Photos & Video Below Description**
289ci 4bbl engine.
C4 Automatic Transmission
8'' / 3.00 Conventionnal Rear Axle
Highland Green, repainted
This car went through a complete restoration in 2018.
Paint was completely stripped down and it was redone in its original ''Highland Green''. There are no stonechips or scratches on the car, no paint flaking. The doors / fenders / hood / trunk lid are original and in very good condition. The gaps between panels are nice. The chromes are good, they were replaced. The original aluminum trims are nice, a few very small dents here and there but nothing major. Original glass all around is in nice condition.
During the resto, driver side quarter panel was replaced, front frame rails and torqueboxes, front and rear floor pans. The undercarriage is nice and free of rust, it was undercoated at some point for better protection, not the best looking undercoating, but very solid. Frame Connectors were also added.
The interior was completely redone and is in very nice condition. Dash pad, seat covers and foam, headliner, door panels, carpet, dash panels are new. Original center console and steering wheel are in good condition. Original AM radio is functionnal. This mustang is equipped with its original fold down seat and original deluxe seatbelts.
The engine block is period correct, but not matching numbers. Complete teardown and rebuild of the engine 3000miles ago. The C4 automatic transmission & rear end were also rebuilt.
Power steering and power disc brakes are in good working order, power steering lines are new. New bushings, bearings and ball joints all around. The car drives straight, mechanically speaking, it's in absolutely perfect condition.
All of the electrical components are functionnal. Original and unmolested wiring.
See full description below.
- 289ci, 3000miles since complete rebuilt
- Engine has around 250hp
- 4bbl Edelbrock 600cfm Carburator, rebuilt June 2021
- Electric Choke
- New Spark Plugs / Wires
- Upgraded Camshaft
- MSD Ignition
- Ford Racing Valve Covers
- Edelbrock Performance Aluminum Intake (painted black)
- Hooker Headers
- C4 Automatic Transmission, Rebuilt 3000 miles ago
- 8'' Rear end 3.00 Conventionnal Rear Axle, rebuilt 3000miles ago
- Repainted in 2018, in its original Highland Green
- Nice paint quality, base coat clear coat.
- Gaps between the panels are nice
- Original doors, fenders, hood, trunk, valences
- Driver Side Quarter panel, front framerails & torqueboxes, front & rear floor pans were replaced
- Aluminum trims good, few minor dents
- Chrome bumpers new, perfect condition
- Undercarriage is free of rust
- All the weatherstrips and rubber bumpers are new
- The windshield was replaced
- Original Backglass is nice
- Original side glass is nice
- Original Vent Windows are nice
- Completely restored
- New seat covers and foam
- New Dash Pad
- New Headliner
- New carpets
- New Door Panels
- Fold Down rear seat, very good condition
- Original Center Console & Steering wheel in very good condition
- Original & Functionnal AM Radio
- The Hard Panels at the back are in good condition, not cracked, restored in 2018
- Windows roll up and down easily
- Power Brakes
- Original Front Disc Brakes
- Rear Drum Brakes
Suspension / Handling
- Bushings, Balljoints and Bearings are new
- Power steering pump is in good condition, hoses are new
- Steers well, drives straight
- Fully functional, original and unmolested
Here's the ORIGINAL vehicule information, from the day it left the factory:
8R02C110730 VIN Decode :
- 8: 1968
- R: Assembly plant, San Jose, California
- 02: Body Type, Fastback
- C: Engine code, 289ci, 2bbl, 200hp
- 110730: Sequential unit number
- 63A: Fastback / Standard Interior / Bucket Seats
- R: Paint Color: Highland Green
- 2G: Ivy Gold Standard Bucket Seats
- 05M: Build date : December 05, 1967
- B7: DSO (District sales office), Pacific Canada (British Columbia)
- 5: Axle, 3.00 8inch Conventionnal Rear Axle
- W: C4 Cruise-O-Matic Transmission
Serious Inquiries, No Trades, Thank You.