1968 Mustang Fastback J-Code White
1968 Mustang Fastback GT J-Code
**Currently bringing some changes to this car for a customer**
It will receive a 500hp / 500tq built 347 Stroker, a 5 speed tremec TKO600, posi 3.55 Rear Axle, a complete repaint to make it ''Presidential Blue''. A lot of other small changes to the customers desire will be done. Final result with pictures and video will come soon!
**Link For More Photos Below Description**
Price Listed in USD
This Mustang was originally sold in Ontario, Canada and spent its life there. It was stored in heated garages during winter through its life, and it really shows, all the metal is original and has no rust, which is really rare for a Canadian car. This is a true Factory GT
It was meticulously restored from top to bottom 15years ago/10000-15000miles ago. We bought it from a personnal collection, which is why it has done very few miles since the last 15years.
Exterior paint is nice, has absolutely no flaws except one little crack where the quarter panel meets the top. All the exterior panels, doors, fenders, quarters are original. Undercarriage and engine bay area were sanblasted to remove all of the surface rust and sealed with epoxy primer before being painted. The undercarriage is flawless, it was repainted in its original ''Red Oxyde'' colour. Engine bay area is also free of any rust, it was repainted in the original satin black.
The interior was restored. This car has a black interior with deluxe door panels, woodgrain dash panels and it still has its original center console in very good condition. It was also originally ordered with the fold down rear seat which was restored and is still in the car. Seats are redone and in very good condition. Dash is original, no waves or cracks, it is also very nice. Front, rear and fold down carpet was also replaced. Headliner was redone, has a few waves but still very acceptable.
This Mustang is a factory J-Code 302ci 4bbl. Sadly, the original engine is gone. It now has a rebuilt 289ci from late '66. It has a cam and a newer holley carburator with electric choke. The engine is in very good shape, starts right off even in cold temperatures. Transmission is a C4 Automatic with a 9inch 3.25 conventionnal rear axle. It also has power steering, power disc brakes and a newer ''Classic Auto Air'' air conditionning.
Everything is functional on the car, it was fully inspected and tune up was done.
The door tag is missing on photos, it was ordered through Marti Auto Works.
See full description below.
- 289ci from late '66 (date code 6E24) Fully Rebuilt 10-15000miles
- Upgraded camshaft
- 4bbl Holley Carburator
- Original Exhaust manifolds
- Original Intake
- Original Valve covers
- C4 Automatic Transmission
- Rear end: 9'' 3.25 Conventionnal Rear Axle
- Repainted in White, paint is nice, no scratches, stone chips, bumps.
- Blue C-Stripe
- Light crack on the where the quarter meets the top (see photos, driver's side)
- Undercarriage is all original metal and free of rust. Repainted in the original ''Red Oxyde''. Frame rails / torque boxes / floor boards have no deformation.
- Gaps between the panels are nice
- Chromes are in very good shape
- Aluminum trims are in very good shape
- Completely redone.
- Woodgrain insert dash pannels
- Seats are redone
- Center console, original in very good condition
- Deluxe door panels with woodgrain inserts
- Fold Down rear seats
- AM/FM Radio
- Air Conditionning newer ''Classic Auto Air''
- Power Brakes
- Front Disc brakes
- Rear Drum Brakes
Suspension / Handling
- Bushings, balljoints and tie rods are tight
- Power Steering
- Everything was inspected
Wheels / Tires
- 14inch GT Steel Wheels
- 235/60R14 BF Goodrich Radial T/A Tires all around
- Magnaflow Exhaust System
- Unmolested and fully functionnal original wiring
Here's the ORIGINAL vehicule information, from the day it left the factory:
8F02J179782 VIN Decode :
- 8: 1968
- F: Assembly plant, Dearborn, Michigan
- 02: Body Type, Fastback
- J: Engine code, 302ci, 4bbl, 230hp
- 179782: Sequential unit number
- 63A: Fastback / Standard Interior / Bucket Seats
- T: Paint Color: Candy Apple Red
- 2U: Parchment Interior ‘’Standard Bucket Seats’’
- 18D: Build date : April 18, 1968
- B1: DSO (District sales office), Central Canada
- 7: Axle, 3.25 9inch Conventionnal Rear Axle
- W: C4 ''Select Shift'' Automatic Transmission
Serious Inquiries, No Trades, Thank You!