1969 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28 Rally Sport Garnet Red
1969 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 Rally Sport For Sale. Top of the line 1969 Camaro, in a pristine condition and extremely rare and desirable color & option combo.
Price Listed in USD
**More Photos & Videos on a link below**
Nut and bolt ''Concours'' quality restoration. This Z-28 was fully restored around 10 years ago. It was put in a collection of over 50 Camaro and never driven, until we purchased it. This vehicule is Matching Numbers all around & matching options. We have decoded all the mechanical parts on the vehicle.
- Factory Garnet Red ''52 Paint Code'' with Black Stripes
- Z28 Package, Matching Numbers 302ci
- Rally Sport Package
- Cross Ram (Dual quad Holley carburetors with Winters Intake)
- Fibreglass Cowl Induction Hood (only available with Cross Ram Option)
- Endura Front Bumper
- JL8 Option (Rear disc brakes & heavy duty front 4 piston disc brakes)
- Houndstooth Interior (Code 713 = Black Houndstooth, Custom)
- Radio Delete
- Chambered Exhaust
- M22 Short Ratio 4-Speed Transmission, Matching Numbers
- Special Performance Package
- 3:73 Posi 12 Bolt Rear Axle, Matching Numbers
- Rosewood Steering Wheel
It came factory in its actual ''Garnet Red'' dress with black stripes. The body & paint are in immaculate condition. The paint has a mirror like finish, fit of the panels are all very nice. All the original Z28 and Rally Sport badges were reinstalled after the full repaint. The undercarriage is in absolutely spotless. All the glass is original and in good condition. The aluminum trims are original/restored, in very good condition without dents. The chrome bumpers are original rechromed. The only sheetmetal that was replaced is the driver's side door skin.
The Z28 came factory with a high revving 302ci engine with solid lifters and dual quad holley carburators also known as ''Cross Ram''. It was rated at 290hp but owners found out it really produced around 375hp on the dyno. This 302 was fully rebuilt to original specs less than one year with a more agressive cam for higher horsepower and nice lumpy idle sound. It actually has around 375hp. The transmission is the original Muncie M22. The rear end is a 3.73 Positraction, this is the original gear ratio, also rebuilt less than a year ago.
The suspension, direction, bushings, ball joints and bearings were all renewed during the resto. The power steering system has new lines, rebuilt OE control valve and power steering pump. It also came factory with front disc brakes and rear drums.
- Rebuilt 302ci 1969 DZ Block, Matching Numbers
- Original Holley 4295 ID Code ''DZ'' 4bbl Carburators
- 1178 '69 DZ Crank
- Original Distributor
- Original Radiator
- Factory Solid Lifters
- 0.030 bored over Block and Pistons, original specs pistons
- Comp Cam Camshaft Part #12-224-4
- Hooker Headers
- Original Winters Cross Ram Intake
- Chambered Exhaust
- Original Oil Pan
- Original Windage Tray
- New Oil Pump
- New Water Pump
- Muncie 4-Speed M22 Short Ratio, Matching Numbers
- 12 bolts 3:73 Positraction Rear Axle, Matching Numbers
- ‘’Nut and Bolt’’ Restoration
- Factory ''Garnet Red'' with factory factory black stripes, redone, showroom quality
- Body is free of rust or bondo
- All Original metal except for driver's side door skin
- Undercarriage in perfect condition, repainted in ''semi-gloss'' respecting the originality of the car.
- No scratches, no waves in the body
- Gaps between the panels are nice and tight all around
- Original ''Cowl Induction'' Hood
- Bumpers & Accessories are original rechromed
- Aluminum Trims all around are original and in perfect condition
- Rubbers and seals are new
- Windshield, Backglass and Sideglass are original in very good condition
- Original Front Lower Valence
- Only flaws on the exterior are the following (see extra pictures), small scratch on driver side fender, one stone chip front, minor crack in the endura bumper.
- Black Houndstooth Interior, very good condition
- Front & Rear Seat covers and foam redone, perfect condition
- Original Door Panels, nice condition, small cracking on driver's side door panel where elbow sits
- Headliner redone, perfect condition
- Original Center Console, redone, perfect condition
- Original Rosewood Steering Wheel, perfect condition
- Original Dash Pad, perfect condition
- Original Tach Cluster, perfect condition
- All of the Gauges are Functionnal
- Functionnal Clock
- Rare JL8 Package, one of 181 Z/28 built with it.
- Front Disc brakes, heavy duty 4 pistons
- Rear Disc Brakes
Suspension / Handling
- Bushings, balljoints and tie rods are all new and tight
Wheels / Tires
- Original Wheels
- Original Trim Rings
- Goodyear Wide Thread GT Tires
- Original, unmolested wiring
Serious Inquiries Only, No Trades, Thank You!