1969 Mustang Fastback MACH 1 428 Cobra Jet / Candy AppleRed
1969 Mach 1 ''Double R-Code'' 428ci Cobra Jet Mustang. This is the ultimate 1969 Mustang.
SOLD, Gone in Michigan, USA
**More Photos & Video on a Link Below**
Restored to match its original options. The Elite Marti Report will be available soon.
This is a true collector car
All matching numbers, nut and bolt ''Concours'' quality restoration. Extra care was used to keep the original parts of the car during the resto, except for rubbers/bushings/vinyls/hardware. Every parts and bits were restored with the same materials and/or processes that were done at the Ford factory in 1969. This Mach 1 was fully restored 1 year ago
It came factory in its actual ''Candy Apple Red'' dress with a Mat Black Hood Treatment, blackout spoiler/front lower valence/louvers. The body & paint are in immaculate condition, they do not have any stonechips, scratches or dents. The paint is free of orange peel, fit and finish of the panels are very nice. All the original Mach 1 vinyl decals were also redone after the full repaint. The undercarriage is in absolutely perfect condition, it was redone in its original ''Red oxyde'' primer. All the glass is original and in good condition. The aluminum trims are original/restored, in very good condition without dents. The chrome bumpers are original rechromed.
The ''R-Code'' Mach 1 came factory with a 428ci Cobra Jet Big Block and its original carburator. The matching numbers engine was fully rebuilt at the same time as the body around 1 year ago. The mechanic has less than 500miles since full rebuilt. The 4-Speed Toploader ''Close Ratio'' is also still present and rebuilt. This car came with the optionnal 9'' 3.50 rear axle.
The suspension, direction, bushings, ball joints and bearings were all renewed during the resto. The power steering system has new lines, rebuilt OE control valve and power steering pump. It also came factory with front disc brakes and rear drums, which are verified to actually less than 10% wear.
Here's the description of the vehicule:
- Matching Numbers 428ci Cobra Jet 335hp / 420tq
- Original ''Ram Air'' Shaker
- Original Holley 4bbl 735CFM
- Still has the original Smog Pump
- Full rebuilt to factory specs
- Original style spark plug wires and yellow top coil
- Toploader 4-Speed Close Ratio, matching #’s
- 9'' 3.50 Rear Axle
- Factory Candy Apple Red, repainted once, showroom quality
- Body is free of rust or bondo
- All Original Metal
- Undercarriage in perfect condition, repainted in ''red oxide'' .
- No stone chips, no scratches.
- Gaps between the panels are nice and tight all around
- ''Ram Air'' Hood
- Bumpers & Accessories are original rechromed
- Chrome Trims all around are in perfect condition
- Rubbers and seals are new
- Windshield, Backglass and sideglass are nice
- Original Spoiler and Louvers
- Original Front Lower Valence
- Red Knit Vinyl w/ Hi-Back Bucket Seats Interior, Immaculate condition
- Mostly Done with NOS (original) Restored parts EXCEPT for these: Headliner, Seat Covers & Foam, Carpet, Dash Pad
- Original Center Console
- Original Restored Steering Wheel
- Original Tach Cluster
- Original and Functionnal AM radio
- All of the Gauges are Functionnal
- Power Brakes
- Front Disc brakes
- Rear Drum Brakes
Suspension / Handling
- Power Steering
- Bushings, balljoints and tie rods are all new and tight
Wheels / Tires
- Original Mach 1 Wheels
- BF Goodrich Radial T/A's
- Original, fully functional wiring
Here's the ORIGINAL vehicule information, from the day it left the factory:
9F02R172815 VIN Decode :
- 9: 1969
- F: Assembly plant, Dearborn, Michigan
- 02: Body Type, Fastback
- R: Engine code, 428ci Cobra Jet, 4bbl, ''335hp''
- 172815: Sequential unit number
- 63C: Fastback / Standard Interior / Bucket Seats - Mach 1
- I5: Paint Color: Candy Apple Red Mat Black Hood Treatment
- 3D: Red MACH 1 Knitted Vinyl
- 01E: Build date : May 1, 1969
- B6: DSO (District sales office), Western Canada Ordering District
- A: Axle, 3.50 9inch Rear Axle
- 6: 4-Speed Close Ratio Manual Transmission
Serious Inquiries Only, No Trades. Thank You!