1968 1/2 Mustang Fastback 428CJ R-Code
1 of 1299 R-Code 428ci Super Cobra Jet 1968 Mustang Fastback for sale.
SOLD, Going in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia!
This Rare Mustang was built on May 28 1968 in San Jose, California. Restored 20 years ago, driven 1000miles since, immaculate condition. Matching numbers 428ci SCJ mated to the original C6 Auto trans. Factory front bench seat.
The R-Code 428SCJ Mustang was introduced in April 1968 and is know to be one of the fastest factory muscle car with a 1/4mile time of 13 seconds @ 105mph.
Sadly, the original engine had been taken out of the car in 1972, replaced by a newer 390ci. The 390 and 428ci engine use the same block, so the original and unique 428 heads were reinstalled and are still on the motor.
Here are the specifications:
- 390ci V8
- Engine is in good working order
- Rebuilt 4bbl Carburator
Trans / Rear Axle
- C6 all aluminium Automatic transmission, witch came from factory with the cobra jet.
- 9inch rear end, with Traction-Lok Limited Slip
- Optionnal 3.91 Gears
- Complete repaint 20years ago, showroom condition
- All original metal
- Floors are immaculate
- Engine bay area stripped and repainted
- Complete resto 20 years ago, perfect condition
- Black with rare front bench seat
- Factory 6000RPM Tach Dash, all the gauges are original and functionnal
- Door Courtesy lights
- Rear fold down seats
- Original AM radio, not functionnal
Brakes / Handling
- Front discs, rear drums
- Power Brakes
- Power Steering
- All bushings / ball joints are in good condition
- Bearings are in good condition
Wheels / Tires
- Original GT Wheels, perfect condition
- BF Goodrich Radial T/A tires
- Everything is in good working order
Here's the ORIGINAL vehicule information, from the day it left the factory:
VIN Decode 8R02R162694:
- 8: 1968
- R: Assembly plant, San Jose, California
- 02: Body Type, Fastback
- R: Engine code, 428ci Cobra Jet 4barrel w/ Ram Air Induction
- 162694: Sequential unit number
- 63C: Fastback / Standard Interior / Front Bench Seat
- R: Paint Color: Highland Green
- 8A: Black Standard Interior
- 25E: Build date, May 28 1968
- 73: DSO (District sales office), Salt Lake City, Utah
- X: Axle, 3.91 Positraction, 9’’ Differential
- U: Transmission, Automatic C6 Transmission
Serious inquiries only, no trades. Thank you